31 January 2014

I got a freaking Liebster Award!!!!


liebster-award-logo-1

LIEBSTER AWARD (I got two. How nice.)


So this is totally exciting! ! Lovely Ddee who runs the totally awesome Obsessive Compulsive K-Drama Watching Disorder has nominated me for a Liebster Award!  (This actually happened last week but I've been a little slow getting it off the ground) Thank you Ddee! I don't think I can explain adequately how completely excited and happy this makes me.
And then on top of that Brightfotini from the lovely blog Bright Little World nominated me too, so now I have double the questions to do!!!

It's pretty exciting to get nominated by two bloggers whose stuff I really love reading so incredibly much (they probably don't even realise how much I actually like them because I am a bit of a lurker but not always so good with the commenting), so thank you ladies!



So I have been blogging since April last year, which isn't even a full year yet, and I remember back when I first started the Liebster award was doing the rounds on all the smaller blogs I loved to read, and I remember thinking how totally awesome it would be to get one of those one day.....and now I have!
Mission accomplished!  I can quit now!

No, just kidding I don't want to quit,  though I will take this opportunity to point out that I have slowed down a little around here. Not because I am getting bored with blogging but purely because doing 2-3 posts a week was a little ambitious and not to mention time consuming. I may well work myself back up to that level again soon, but I have a few other random side projects going at the moment so for now at least will no longer be doing episode by episode posts.
So it does mean less stuff to read but hopefully people will continue to visit my little blog anyway!
Please keep visiting me!  :)


Okay here goes...




Rules: (And yes I totally copied and pasted these which is why they look so crazy!)


1. Each nominee link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.

Ddee's questions are: 


1. If you could bankroll your dream drama, what genre would it be and who would you cast?

This was actually pretty difficult but in the end I have decided on a fusion romantic Saguek drama starring Lee Yoobi and Choi Jin-hyuk. It is basically just the off-cuts from Gu Family Book, because I just loved both of their characters so much in that drama but felt like they were seriously wasted. I would love to see a wildly different version of that drama which has these two as the leads, possibly still set in that interesting world that Gu Family Book started but with way less of the boring stuff and way more strong and brave yet fragile Gisaeng, Lee Yoobi, and wounded dark redemptive demon, Choi Jin Hyuk. There would be plenty of hardship of course for this couple to get through, but also a heart-stirring sweeping romance with a beautiful happy ending!

And to get your imaginations started, here is a photo I dug up of a real life Gisaeng. She looks so young though that I feel a little bit creeped out.  And this folks is why dramas are always nicer than real life!


2. If you could travel back in time and be a fly on the wall in any drama shoot in the universe, which would you pick and why?

So hard! I am going to choose Arang and the Magistrate because I thought the location shoot for that drama looked so gorgeous with all the village and scenery stuff, and I would have enjoyed having a wander around that lovely set (and its not because  Lee Jun-ki is totally beautiful.... I am obviously not that shallow!)

3. If you weren’t blogging about dramas what would you be blogging about?

Too easy! Movies.

4. How soon into your drama addiction did you want to start cooking and eating ramyun?

I must be a late bloomer because I didn't get into the ramyun eating stage until about a year into my obsession when I won a massive box of it at a Korean Culture Festival in my city (the festival basically involved playing PSY's horsey song over and over and over until I wanted to die.)

5. In what ways is your family similar to and different from the average K-drama family?

Mmmh......well I guess my parents like to feed me whenever I visit? Oh, and sometimes my husband just randomly grabs me by the wrist and drags me around.
Actually that was a lie. He never does that.

6. List 11 random facts about yourself.
Whoah! Eleven!! Okay, I can do it....
1) Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back is my favourite movie ever and 2) Han Solo is my favourite hero of all time. 3) I hate when male actors in Saguek dramas have visible short hair sticking out from under the back of their traditional head gear and 4) I think the moment I fell in full and utter irreversible love with Kdrama was when Go Hye-mi was sitting on a toilet in a snowy landscape whilst singing to Song Sam Dong to cover her toilet noises. It was so oddly romantic. 5) I live in Australia and it is so fucking hot here right now that I feel like I am going to die, and 6) I am trying to write a novel and my dream is to be published one day. 7) I have been learning Korean for the last two years but am totally terrible at it even though I study all the time and 8) there have been moments in my life where I became dangerously obsessed with, respectively, Lee Min Ho, Kim Soo-hyun, Kim Woobin, Lee Jun Ki, Im Ju Hwan and Kang Dong Won.  9) I accidentally learned how to say the Korean version of that very bad English word for a girl's hoohoo that starts with C from my teacher (I was mispronouncing something else and ended up repeating the bad word so much that she was unable to stop laughing for a very long time).  10) My husband's little sister's name is Eima. In Korean this sounds like she is named 'Forehead'. Which is hilarious for obvious reasons. 11) I love the internet because I can read blogs by people just as obsessive about Kdrama as myself and not feel like a total  lunatic like I do in real life.

And one extra one for free: none of my real life friends even know I have a blog.


Brightfotini's questions:


1. Why do you like dramas so much?
I like dramas mostly because they are more emotion based than the normal TV available in my country. I don't know why but I love romantic things and I find that most movies or TV shows just aren't very good at building believable romantic relationships. They do more like 'Ping! Now we are in love suddenly for no reason' kind of stuff, whilst I like slow build story's, which is something Kdrama is amazing at. I love them! They make me laugh and cry and feel all fuzzy inside.


2. What was your first drama? If you hadn’t liked it would you still have continued watching dramas?
My first drama was Dream High, Kim Soo-hyun and Suzy looking beautiful, singing lovely songs and falling in love! I cried when it finished because I was so in love with it. It seriously broke my heart!!
I dunno if I would have ever gotten so obsessed if I had started on a bad drama ..... probably not I guess actually. Dramas are hard to find in my part of the world so I probably wouldn't have bothered.

3. Give us one tip for balancing everything out- real life and watching dramas and blogging, please?
I have none. Please give me one tip! Please!!! Help...

4. Have you ever tried soju or makgeolli?
I have no idea what makgeolli is so I am going to go google that now, but yes on the soju. I made sure I did the soju face and did that 'kkkhhhh' sound after I drank it too, just like a real Korean (drama).

5. What are the top 5 places you would like to visit one day?
I LOVE travelling and have been to a lot of exciting places already, but for the future I very badly want to go to Korea, China and Japan. I cannot especially wait to visit Korea!
Also Peru and Myanmar would be wonderful too.


6. Tell us 5 random facts about yourself.
I think I am going to cheat on this one and use 5 of my random facts that I already did just above. But I won't write them out again here because that would just be weird.


Nominations:


Okay I am going to admit this was really difficult for me because I actually haven't discovered that many new blogs since I started it turns out. And all the ones I read have mostly been nominated already.....so I am not sure if I am allowed to do this but I thought I would just nominate the blogs that I love, regardless of whether anyone has already given them a Liebster or not.
 So it is okay if the below bloggers are totally sick of being asked random questions and don't want to do any more, but I am going to nominate them anyway!

I think this is a little weird to nominate Brightfotini, because obviously she just nominated me, but I was actually planning on doing it when Ddee originally gave me the Liebster, its just that Brightfotini beat me to it.

So I am sort of nominating Brightfotini again. Which is not very original. Sorry!

Also I will nominate:
 KDramaGuk who has been a little quiet of late but has a fantastical backlog of reviews!
Creating Volumes whom if I remember correctly gave me my very first ever comment! I was so excited :)
Kdrama Fighting! who I guess have more than 200 followers, but I love them!
The Fangirls Verdict whose blog I also regularly lurk at all the time!


Questions:


1) Which drama character would you marry in real life?

2) What actors/actresses do you love so much that you would watch a totally terrible drama just because they were in it? Any examples?

3) Did you have a moment in your drama watching history when you just suddenly realised you were totally hooked?

4) What do your friends and family think of your obsession? Do they know?

5) Do you have a favourite drama kiss scene?

6) What is it about your favourite drama that makes you love it so much?

7) Why did you start a blog?

8) Have you ever walked up to a non drama viewing family member or friend and started singing 'Almoost Paraaadise" at them?

9) What is your guilty pleasure drama?

10) Tell us 5 random facts about yourself (presuming you haven't done this already)



Anyway, that is me done and I must say my fingers are quite tired from all this typing, though it is quite fun to blabber on about yourself for hours!! Go figure.

Bye bye and thanks for reading,
Pops.


12 comments:

  1. Tee hee. This was a fun read, Pops! :D What a great first drama - I LOVE Dream High! Such a fun, addictive show! And YAY that you loved it, or we wouldn't even be having this conversation now! XD And I'm really impressed at your dedication at learning Korean! I've not tried taking lessons myself, and have many, many drama hours to thank for all the Korean that I DO know, ha! XD

    As for responding to your questions - I'll get to it, I promise! It just so happens that I've received a couple more nominations as this round of Liebsters has gained momentum, and just haven't gotten around to responding yet. I hope to get to that soonish ^^ And I promise to let you know when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Yeah let me know when you do!! :-)
    Yeah it took me ages to get this post off the ground after I was nominated, who knew talking about yourself would be so time consuming right?
    Yeah learning Korean is sooo hard especially because its the first time I have tried to learn another language. You can learn to write and read it fairly quickly but speaking is another thing entirely! ! Its very fun and interesting though :-)
    I look forward to reading your answers whenever you get a chance to post them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, hi Pops! Thanks for the Liebster!! You're so kind. I look forward to answering your questions (I'm already deeply considering which kdrama character I'd like to marry...the drama bachelors I adore are endless...) and like kfangurl above, I had a lot of fun reading this post! Oh, and that picture you posted of the child gisaeng...totally creepy and sad, but beautiful too, in an old, sad, creepy kind of way. Definitely gets the imagination going. Talk to you later! I'll let you know when I post my answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Dnoella, I look forward to reading them! :-)
      Haha yeah the marriage one is difficult right? I haven't even got an answer to that one.... it's too hard to choose!
      I think the Gisaeng is beautiful too! I always find it so crazy to look at photographs like that and know that once a long time ago the subject was a real person, with a personality and thoughts and hopes. So crazy!!

      Delete
  4. My Liebster post is up!! :D http://thefangirlverdict.com/2014/02/03/liebster-shower-round-2/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome read! So much fun!! And I died a little when I read you like Empire because it's the least popular but it is the best one of the trilogy IMO! And we started blogging within two months of each other, but I always thought you sounded like you'd been doing it for years :). And I'm so impressed that you've been learning Korean for two years already, and I refuse to believe that you are as bad as you say you are.
    Anyways, twas fun learning more about you! And here's to keeping up with the dastardly real life commitments as well as blogging. Hwaiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for reading Ddee and even more thanks for nominating me!!! This was a really fun post to write actually!! :-)
    Haha yeah I think I am a bit hard on myself where learning Korean is concerned but I think after so long I wanted to be able to watch dramas without subs but I am so incredibly far away from that ever happening that its a bit sad... but I definitely have improved since I first started so that is pretty good! :-)
    And thanks for saying I sounded like I had been blogging for longer, that's the nicest thing ever!! :-)
    Thanks heaps Ddee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You;re writing a novel? That is great and I would love to read it when it will get published! See the key word here is "when" and not "if"..!
    I haven't watched Dream High even though it was always in my radar.. Should I get around doing it?
    And I would love to visit Arang and the Magistrate's set too. Truly gorgeous setting an also such a good drama..
    I have been trying to learn korean myself, self study though, but ohh they're difficult and I need to be more serious about them.. Haha..
    I'm getting around answering your questions and again thanks for nominating me and for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brightfotini!! :-) Thanks for all your nice words!!
    That would totally be the dream to one day get published, and if I do (or when as you so nicely said) I will definitely post something here in case anyone wants to look. But to he honest it is still very early days currently so I am only working on the first few chapters. ..but maybe one day!!
    O my gosh you should so totally watch Dream High it is such a lovely drama, I really adore it and its definitely one of my favourites! ! Also Kim Soo-hyun is in it and he is pretty lovely :-)
    Thats awesome you are alao learning Korean! Its so hard, but you are already ahead of me because will that be your third language you'll be learning? That is so cool!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for a fellow Han Solo fan! And also so, so cool that you're writing a novel!!! You can do it! :D

    Thank you for nominating me and I finally got my answers up here:
    http://creatingvolumes.com/2014/02/12/even-more-liebster/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Han Solo is the best!! :-) Always lovely to meet another fan!!
    And thanks so much for your encouragement for my writing!! So nice! I will try my best!
    Thanks for letting me know about your post!

    ReplyDelete